- Pair your existing Canon EF-mount full-frame lenses with a modern Sony E-mount mirrorless camera and experience the coveted "full-frame look" on APS-C format sensors with the Accelerator AF Lens Adapter from Vello. By using a specialized 4 element in 4 group optical design, this adapter is able to increase a lens' angle of view by a factor of 0.71x while simultaneously increasing the maximum aperture by one whole stop. This allows a 50mm f/1.4 lens on an APS-C camera to maintain an angle of view close to 50mm while providing it with an f/1.0 equivalent aperture. This setup means full-frame lenses can be adapted to APS-C sensors, or full-frame cameras in APS-C crop mode, without losing the desired natural look of a full-frame system. Along with this, the adapter features electronic coupling, enabling autofocus, auto exposure, and other functions during use.
Automatic capabilities of the lens are fully maintained, allows for auto exposure, autofocus, and aperture control from the camera body. The adapter will also transfer Exif data to the camera for appropriate tagging of metadata for easier organization and editing. Along with all of these functions the durable metal adapter sports a removable tripod foot with 1/4"-20 socket for use on a tripod or support system, alleviating strain on the lens mount. Additionally, it has a matte black interior to prevent reflections from interfering with image quality.
- Important! Please make sure to turn off the camera before attaching the adapter and/or lens.
- Adapts full-frame Canon EF-mount lenses to APS-C format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras as well as full-frame cameras in APS-C crop mode
- Magnifies the lens' angle of view by a factor of 0.71x, effectively negating the crop factor of APS-C format cameras while simultaneously increasing the maximum aperture of the lens by one stop
- Optical design uses four elements in four groups to retain maximum image quality
- Maintains support for autofocus, auto exposure, and image stabilization
- Autofocus support is best with Ultrasonic (USM) and stepping (STM) motors
- Communicates Exif data to the camera to be saved in the image file for later reference
- Removable tripod foot has 1/4"-20 socket for direct mounting on a support system, eliminating unnecessary strain on the camera's lens mount
- Matte black interior helps reduce flare for optimal image quality
- Metal construction for long-term durability
- Autofocus and auto exposure functions are not compatible with Sony's E-mount camcorders, such as the PXW-FS7
Canon EF (Full-Frame), with USM and STM focusing motors
Sony E (Full-Frame in APS-C Crop Mode & APS-C)
3.25 x 2.75 x 1.60
7.2 oz / 204 g
Canon EF Lens to Sony E-Mount Camera Accelerator AF Lens Adapter
- Front and Rear Lens Caps
- Removable Tripod Collar
- Protective Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty