- This Vello LA-NEX-NGII Lens Adapter allows a Nikon F-mount lens to be used with a full-frame or APS-C format Sony E-mount camera. It is designed to support focusing to infinity, and is constructed from magnesium-alloy along with a stainless-steel lens mounting ring to provide a durable, yet lightweight camera-to-lens connection.
The Vello LA-NEX-NGII Lens Adapter does not support electronic communication between an attached camera and lens. To help determine the amount of light that enters a Sony E-mount camera when using this adapter and a Nikon F-mount lens, an eight-stop aperture dial is built into the Vello LA-NEX-NGII Lens Adapter. The aperture dial is designed to provide aperture control with half-stop increments for Nikon G-type lenses which do not have an aperture ring. Nikon AI or many post-Nikon AI lenses can have their aperture settings widened or narrowed using their built-in aperture control rings if preferred. When removed from a fully-compatible Nikon camera, the aperture diaphragm on a Nikon E-type lens is designed to open to its widest setting. A Nikon E-type lens may be effectively used with its aperture diaphragm fully open along with this adapter and a Sony E-mount camera. Otherwise, an aperture value on a Nikon E-type lens may be set by first placing the lens on a fully-compatible Nikon camera and then pressing the camera's depth-of-field preview button while removing the lens prior to placing it on the adapter.
When an image is taken with the Vello LA-NEX-NGII Lens Adapter, a matte black internal coating minimizes the potential for reflections inside the adapter barrel, which could otherwise result in unwanted glare within the image. To help prevent stress on the camera mount if the supported camera and lens combination is to be placed on a tripod, the LA-NEX-NGII Lens Adapter includes a detachable tripod foot that features 1/4"-20 threads.
- Allows a Nikon F-mount lens to be used with a full-frame or APS-C format Sony E-mount camera
- Attached lens can focus to infinity
- Integrated, eight-stop aperture-control ring with half-stop increments provides aperture control for Nikon G-type as well as Nikon AI or many post-Nikon AI lenses
- While Nikon E-type lenses will physically fit, the manual aperture ring function is not supported
- Zinc-alloy construction with aluminum-alloy lens mounting ring for durability while remaining lightweight
- Internal coating minimizes reflections within the adapter barrel
- Locking mechanism for secure attachment of lens with push-button release
- Detachable tripod foot with 1/4"-20 threads
Nikon F-mount lens to full-frame or APS-C Sony E-mount camera
3.3 x 2.8 x 2.0
8.0 oz (226.8 g)
Nikon F Lens to Sony E-Mount Camera Adapter
- Front Cap
- Rear Cap
- Tripod Foot
- Limited 1-Year Warranty